Rachel McAdams Bio, Height & AgeLast updated: April 20, 2021
- Net Worth: $ 20,000,000
- Birthday: 17 Nov 1978
- Age: 42
- Country: Canada
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.4 ft
- Weight: 163 lb
- Measurements: 34-24-35 in
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Birth Name: Rachel Anne McAdams
- Nationality: Canadian
- Nickname: Rach
- Religion: Not known, she says that she is a free spirit and is open to the world
- Ethnicity: Welsh (maybe Irish, Scottish, English)
- Father: Lance McAdams (Lorry driver)
- Mother: Sandra McAdams (née Gale) (Nurse)
- Siblings: Kayleen McAdams (Younger Sister) (Celebrity Makeup Artist), Daniel McAdams (Younger Brother)
- Couple of mole marks on her face and neck
- Fair complexion
- Often plays romantic love interests
- Has dimples and a very pretty smile
Who is Rachel McAdams?
Rachel McAdams is a Canadian actress born on November 17, 1978, in London, Ontario, Canada. Her father, Lance, worked as a mover, and her mother, Sandra, worked as a nurse. Together, they raised Rachel and her younger siblings, sister Kayleen and brother Daniel. The former child competitive figure skater discovered her acting passion at age 12.
In 2004 she got her first big breakthrough when she was selected to play Regina George, an attractive but manipulative teenager in Mean Girls. That year she took part in, probably, the most successful film in her career, The Notebook. While filming this movie, she fell in love with actor Ryan Gosling, who portrayed her love interest in the film. She got her first Oscar nomination for her role as a Boston Globe reporter in the 2015 drama Spotlight.
The actress has also appeared in box office fares like Wedding Crashers, The Family Stone, The Time Traveler’s Wife, Sherlock Holmes, The Vow and many more.
Considering her current boyfriend, it is safe to say that Rachel McAdams finally finds her true love in Jamie Linden and feels safe to enter the motherhood phase, just how she has always wanted. The couple is currently expecting their second son.
- "I do have a side of me that would just love to be stuck in the woods and have to stick it out and be really resourceful." - Rachel McAdams
- "My mother never put an emphasis on looks. She let us grow up on our own time line. She never forced any beauty regimen into my world." - Rachel McAdams
- "I feel like I’m going backwards, actually, as I get older. I’m regressing. I feel more and more like a kid, which is kind of a fun feeling." - Rachel McAdams
- "I can be quite surprised by what makes me cry, but it’s usually spiritual things." - Rachel McAdams
- "I have a certain curiosity for life that drives me and propels me forward." - Rachel McAdams
- "Running through airports with pounds of luggage – that’s a good workout." - Rachel McAdams
- Mini Cooper
- Fiat 500
- Lexus CT 200h
Did Rachel McAdams ever get plastic surgery?
We haven’t heard rumor of a boob job or a nose job lately, so we’ll have to say no to that!
Hobbies and Interests
Favorite Actor: James Franco and Sam Rockwell.
Favorite Actress: Kate Winslet, Renée Zellweger, Elizabeth Taylor, Samantha Morton, and Laura Dern.
Favorite TV Show: The Big Bang Theory.
Favorite Book: The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
Favorite Food: Pasta.
She likes to shop at vintage clothing stores
Fears and Phobias
Fear of flying planes until age 22.
Fear of loneliness
Facts & Trivia
McAdams is allergic to horses.
She turned down the role of Pepper Potts in the Iron Man series, which Gwyneth Paltrow accepted.
Standing at an average height of 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm tall), McAdams has a slim build.
She is incredibly skilled at figure skating. Before her acting career kicked off, she had won a figure skating regional award.
Rachel McAdams also worked at a McDonald’s restaurant for three years during her summer holidays.
She voiced the Mother in the 3D animated film The Little Prince.
McAdams and Ryan Gosling earned various Teen Choice Awards for their jobs in The Notebook.
Rachel was formerly a vegetarian.
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Spotlight (2015)
Rising Star Award
Best Supporting Actress in Sherlock Holmes (2009)
Best Actress in Red Eye (2005)
Best Vocal Ensemble in a TV Special/Direct-to-DVD Title or Short in Le Petit Prince (2015)
Best Female Vocal Performance in a TV Special/Direct-to-DVD Title or Short in Le Petit Prince (2015)
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in Spotlight (2015)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in Spotlight (2015)
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in Midnight in Paris (2011)
Net Worth & Social Media
Rachel McAdams refrains herself from using social media, but there are so many fan pages are available.