Kelly Marie Tran Height, Age & BioLast updated: March 26, 2021
- Net Worth: $ 3,000,000
- Birthday: 17 Jan 1989
- Age: 32
- Country: United States
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.2 ft
- Weight: 121 lb
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Birth Name: Trần Loan
- Nationality: American
- Nickname: Kelly
- Religion: Catholic
- Ethnicity: Asian, Vietnamese ancestry
- Father: Lo Han Tran. While growing up, he was homeless and lived on streets in Vietnam. After immigrating to the US following Vietnam war, he started working at Burger King.
- Mother: Nea Ho Tran (Funeral Home employee)
- Siblings: N/A
- Down to earth personality
- Round face
Who is Kelly Marie Tran?
Kelly Marie Tran was born on January 17, 1989, in San Diego, California, USA. She has had roles in short films and television episodes and came to wider attention for her role as Rose Tico in the Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker. She displayed as the first Asian-American woman to land the best character in the Star Wars franchise. Kelly is also known for Girls on the Beach and Untouchable.
Marital Status: Unmarried.
Children: She has no children.
- John Boyega (Rumor) (-) She was rumored to be dating her Star Wars colleague John Boyega.
- "I think, as an actor, you create things for your character that you think will make it more personal to you, because on the day, you want to make sure that you're truly there in the moment." - Kelly Marie Tran
- "I believe if you can have an open dialogue about anything, whether it's a book or a movie or TV show, it's this door that suddenly opens your mind to new ideas." - Kelly Marie Tran
- "I think there are many ways to be brave and that being brave and vulnerable in terms of a romantic situation is one of the hardest things to do in real life." - Kelly Marie Tran
- "My parents are refugees from Vietnam, so they didn't grow up with 'Star Wars.' I don't think they know what's going on in the movie at any given time." - Kelly Marie Tran
- "You get the initial script, and then things sort of change here and there, but the whole thing is this sort of mushy collaboration, which I love." - Kelly Marie Tran
- "Even if someone doesn't like it, or just likes it for me, storytelling has been the one true love story of my entire life." - Kelly Marie Tran
Hobbies and Interests
Facts & Trivia
She has traveled to Vietnam to work with orphans. Kelly also facilitated her parents trip to their native country for the first time in around 40 years.
She has been a vocal advocate of hiring actors from minority communities for mainstream and popular roles instead of just casting them in stereotyped roles.
Kelly stands at the height of 5 feet 2 inches (157 cm tall).
In her early struggling days, she did a number of odd jobs including working as a nanny and giving restaurant tours. Kelly was also hired to clean a yoga studio.
Her parents are from Vietnam.
Best Supporting Actress in Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)
Net Worth & Social Media
She came to attention after she deleted all of her Instagram posts after suffering from months of racist and sexist abuse on social media.