Jason Momoa Bio, Height & AgeLast updated: October 25, 2022
- Net Worth: $ 14,000,000
- Birthday: 1 Aug 1979
- Age: 43
- Country: United States
- Occupation: Actor, Model
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 6.4 ft
- Weight: 215 lb
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Birth Name: Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa
- Nationality: American
- Nickname: Joseph
- Religion: Buddhism
- Ethnicity: Hawaiian
- Father: Joseph Momoa (Painter)
- Mother: Coni (Photographer)
- Siblings: Zoe Kravitz (Step-daughter) (Singer)
- Scar in his left eyebrow
- Towering height
- Muscular build
Who Is Jason Momoa?
Jason Momoa is an American actor, film producer and director. Born on August 1, 1979. He is the only child of his parents. He is best known for his role as Khal Drogo in the first season of Game of Thrones.
Jason also starred in several films with a variaty of roles including Conan the Barbarian, Road to Paloma and superhero film as Aquaman in the films Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, and Aquaman.
He began his career as a model and earned the Hawaii Model of the Year Award in 1999. He debuted his acting career from the role of Jason Ioane in the 38 episodes of action-drama Baywatch: Hawaii from 1999 to 2001.
Later, he staged a big screen appearance as Navarro in 2004 comedy flick Johnson Family Vacation.
Momoa and his wife Lisa Bonet have 2 children – daughter Lola Iolani (b. July 23, 2007) and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (b. December 15, 2008).
However, the couple announced that they are splitting after four years of marriage.Jason Momoa Wife
Quotes and Sayings
- "A wolf is not bad for eating and tearing apart something, if it’s for survival. It doesn’t do it to be menacing." - Jason Momoa
- "I lay naked in furs a lot. I think I'm naked more than I talk." - Jason Momoa
- "I don't really have any limitations for what I want to do, as an actor." - Jason Momoa
- "I’m raised to actually think, to use my brain." - Jason Momoa
- "I love carbs, but denial is good training for the mind." - Jason Momoa
- "People who know me, know who I am." - Jason Momoa
- Pink Cadillac
- Range Rover
- Land Rover
Hobbies and Interests
While he doesn’t play somewhere, Jason spends his time doing strange but interesting things. He studies indigenous dances, he traveled to France to learn how to paint with pastel, he even went to Tibet to study Buddhism with the monks themselves.
He is also an avid runner, mountain biker, ice and rock climber. He also likes snowboarding and long boarding.
- His favorite drinks is Guinness, Red wine, Mountain Sun Brews.
- He loves cigars and booze. It is his favorite thing.
- He loves outdoors.
- On his right outer forearm, he has a tattoo that reads “Etre toujours ivre” ( French ) which translates to “be always drunk.”
- Tattoo on Jason’s middle finger reads “Diablo”. He got this tattoo in the memory of his best friend who passed away.
- Jason got his children Lola and Wolf’s signatures tattooed on his chest.
- On his right inner forearm, meaning pride of gypsies, which is also the name of his production company that he founded in 2010.
- Jason has a half sleeve tribal band tattoo on his left forearm, made of nine rows of triangles.
- Jason got a small skull tattoo below his right thumb. He finds the skull pretty bad ass.
Fears and Phobias
Facts & Trivia
He started his career as a model in 1998 after getting discovered by an international designer Takeo Kikuchi.
Listened to heavy metal music to get geared up for the role in “Conan: The Barbarian.”
Before coming into the entertainment industry, he used to work part-time in a surf shop.
He is not a fan of modern-day technology and prefers to avoid using TV, mobile phone and even email.
Jason holds mixed heritage as his father is of Native Hawaiian ancestry while his mother is of German, Irish, and Native American descent.
His face scar is the result of a slashing from a man at the Birds Cafe with a broken beer glass on 15 November 2008.
The word “Momoa” means dry in Polynesian.
Awards and Achievements
Merit - Honorary Award in Game of Thrones (2011)