Jason Momoa Actor Profile: Aquaman, Wife, Instagram, MoviesLast updated: January 21, 2020
- 1 Aug 1979Age: 40
- United States
- Zodiac sign Leo
- Sexual orientation Straight
- Height: 6.4 ft
- Weight: 215 lb
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Green
Who Is Jason Momoa?
Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa is an American actor, film producer and director. Born on August 1, 1979. He is the only child of his parents. Jason Momoa is best known for his role as Khal Drogo in the first season of Game of Thrones.
Jason also starred in several films with a variaty of roles including Conan the Barbarian, Road to Paloma and superhero film as Aquaman in the films Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League, and Aquaman.
He began his career as a model and earned the Hawaii Model of the Year Award in 1999. He debuted his acting career from the role of Jason Ioane in the 38 episodes of action-drama Baywatch: Hawaii from 1999 to 2001. Later, he staged a big screen appearance as Navarro in 2004 comedy flick Johnson Family Vacation.
- Birth Name: Joseph Jason Namakaeha Momoa
- Nationality: American
- Nickname: Joseph
- Religion: Buddhism
- Ethnicity: Hawaiian
- Father: Joseph Momoa (Painter)
- Mother: Coni (Photographer)
- Siblings: Zoe Kravitz (Step-daughter) (Singer)
- Scar in his left eyebrow
- Towering height
- Muscular build
Jason Momoa Movies and TV Shows
Jason Momoa Wife / Dating
Momoa and Lisa Bonet have 2 children – daughter Lola Iolani (b. July 23, 2007) and son Nakoa-Wolf Manakauapo Namakaeha Momoa (b. December 15, 2008).
- Lisa Bonet (2005-Present) Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet were married on 15th Nov 2007.
- Simmone Mackinnon ( 1999 - 2006) Simmone and Jason were engaged in Jun 2004 but later separated in 2006.
Jason Momoa Quotes
- "A wolf is not bad for eating and tearing apart something, if it’s for survival. It doesn’t do it to be menacing." - Jason Momoa
- "Some people we know in our lives come up to a crossroads, and they could go left or right, and then end up in a totally different place." - Jason Momoa
- "I lay naked in furs a lot. I think I'm naked more than I talk." - Jason Momoa
- "I think a man needs to be a man. To hold a woman the way she wants to be held. Just do whatever your woman wants, and you'll be fine." - Jason Momoa
- "I made a conscious choice to turn down some movies that were action-based, so that I could direct Road to Paloma and show that side." - Jason Momoa
- "I don't really have any limitations for what I want to do, as an actor." - Jason Momoa
- "I’m raised to actually think, to use my brain." - Jason Momoa
- "I love carbs, but denial is good training for the mind." - Jason Momoa
- "People who know me, know who I am." - Jason Momoa
Jason Momoa House
Currently, We don’t have enough information about Jason Momoa mansions, houses.
Jason Momoa Garage
- Pink Cadillac
- Range Rover
- Land Rover
Jason Momoa Hobbies and Interests
While he doesn’t play somewhere, Jason spends his time doing strange but interesting things. He studies indigenous dances, he traveled to France to learn how to paint with pastel, he even went to Tibet to study Buddhism with the monks themselves. He is also an avid runner, mountain biker, ice and rock climber. He also likes snowboarding and long boarding.
- His favorite drinks is Guinness, Red wine, Mountain Sun Brews.
- He loves cigars and booze. It is his favorite thing.
- He loves outdoors.
- Playing guitar
- Card games
Jason Momoa Tattoos & Their Meanings
- On his right outer forearm, he has a tattoo that reads “Etre toujours ivre” ( French ) which translates to “be always drunk.”
- Tattoo on Jason’s middle finger reads “Diablo”. He got this tattoo in the memory of his best friend who passed away.
- Jason got his children Lola and Wolf’s signatures tattooed on his chest.
- On his right inner forearm, meaning pride of gypsies, which is also the name of his production company that he founded in 2010.
- Jason has a half sleeve tribal band tattoo on his left forearm, made of nine rows of triangles.
- Jason got a small skull tattoo below his right thumb. He finds the skull pretty bad ass.
Jason Momoa Fears and Phobias
- Crippling Clown
Jason Momoa Facts & Trivia
He started his career as a model in 1998 after getting discovered by an international designer Takeo Kikuchi.
Listened to heavy metal music to get geared up for the role in “Conan: The Barbarian.”
Before coming into the entertainment industry, he used to work part-time in a surf shop.
He is not a fan of modern-day technology and prefers to avoid using TV, mobile phone and even email.
Jason holds mixed heritage as his father is of Native Hawaiian ancestry while his mother is of German, Irish, and Native American descent.
His face scar is the result of a slashing from a man at the Birds Cafe with a broken beer glass on 15 November 2008.
The word “Momoa” means dry in Polynesian.
Jason Momoa Awards and Achievements
Merit - Honorary Award in Game of Thrones (2011)