Rooney Mara Height, Age, BioLast updated: December 20, 2022
- Net Worth: $ 12,000,000
- Birthday: 17 Apr 1985
- Age: 37
- Country: United States
- Occupation: Actress, Producer
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.3 ft
- Weight: 115 lb
- Measurements: 33 23 34 in
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Birth Name: Patricia Rooney Mara
- Nationality: American
- Nickname: Tricia Mara
- Religion: Christianity
- Ethnicity: White
- Father: Timothy Christopher Mara (Vice President of player evaluation for the New York Giants)
- Mother: Kathleen McNulty (Part-time Real Estate Agent)
- Siblings: Kate Mara (Actress) (Older Sister), Daniel Mara (Older Brother), Conor Mara (Younger Brother)
- Petite figure
- Green eyes
- Tough attitude
- A smile changes her face. Her face completely changes when she smiles
Who Is Rooney Mara?
Rooney Mara is an American actress and philanthropist Born on 17th April, 1985 in Bedford, New York, US. She is best known for her role as Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo“, based on Stieg Larsson’s Millennium book series.
The actress had been won many prestigious awards and nominations, which include the Academy Awards and Golden Globe Awards.
Joaquin Phoenix is currently her husband. The couple are still together until now and even get closer during the quarantine.
Quotes and Sayings
- "When I was at college, my nickname was Keds, because I wore Keds. I guess it wasn’t really a nickname, because nicknames are usually given to you by people who are your friends and who know you." - Rooney Mara
- "I don’t know how to play the guitar, so having to be on stage in front of people doing something you don’t really know how to do, it’s terrifying." - Rooney Mara
- "I need a lot of alone time as a human. And especially on a movie set when you’re around people all day long. So it’s actually kind of nice to go home to a hotel and be alone and unwind." - Rooney Mara
- "There were certainly things I was scared to do, but I never thought I wasn’t up for the challenge." - Rooney Mara
- "I was a pretty dark person to begin with. I have always been more drawn to darkness." - Rooney Mara
- "Just because the character listens to an iPod and wears black nail polish, she’s goth. That was just a misused word." - Rooney Mara
- "Beaches and romantic comedies are not my thing. I’m a workaholic." - Rooney Mara
- "I always want to be as quick and decisive as I can be." - Rooney Mara
- "I think people like to exaggerate about the number of takes you do." - Rooney Mara
The 2340 square feet home has a stylish living room with a fireplace. The open kitchen includes a large center island and offers a beautiful pale. The home feature two bedrooms as well as a home office. (Actress Rooney Mara has sold her house).
Location: Los Angeles, California.
Price: $3.450 million
She has gone for a nose job
There are also RUMORS about she having the Botox injections
Hobbies and Interests
Rooney Mara does not have any tattoos and does not appear to be interested in getting any.
Fears and Phobias
Fear of sharks
Facts and Trivia
She learned skateboarding and kickboxing for preparing for the role of Lisbeth Salander in the movie “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo“.
The wife of Joaquin Phoenix, went vegan since 2001.
The ear, eyebrow, nose and nipple piercings that Rooney showcased via the character Lisbeth Salander in “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo“, were not cosmetic simulations. They were original.
Rooney established the non-profit organization Faces of Kibera which gives housing, food, and medical care facilities to orphans in Kibera, which is a slum in Nairobi, Kenya.
Rooney’s elder sister Kate Mara is also an actress.
Her uncle, John Mara, is CEO of the New York Giants since 2005.
Best Supporting Actress in Carol (2015)
Best Vocal Ensemble in a Feature Film in Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)
Best Actress in Carol (2015)
Best Supporting Actress in Carol (2015)
Kick Ass Award for Best Female Action Star in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Net Worth & Social Media
Rooney refrains herself from using social media.