Joaquin Phoenix Bio, Height, AgeLast updated: January 14, 2023
- Net Worth: $ 30,000,000
- Birthday: 28 Oct 1974
- Age: 48
- Country: United States
- Occupation: Actor, Producer, Writer
- Zodiac sign: Scorpio
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.8 ft
- Weight: 180 lb
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Green
- Birth Name: Joaquín Rafael Bottom
- Nationality: American
- Nickname: Kitten, Joaq, Leaf
- Religion: Atheist
- Ethnicity: White, Caucasian Descent
- Father: John Lee Bottom (Landscaper)
- Mother: Arlyn Bottom (nee Dunetz) (Secretary for NBC)
- Siblings: Rain Bottom (Older Brother), River Phoenix (Older Brother) (Died in 1993, overdosed by drugs), Liberty Bottom (Younger Brother), Summer Bottom (Younger Brother)
- Birthscar below his nose
- Specific green eyes
- Deep voice
- Plays emotional characters
- He called himself Leaf and changed name to Joaquin at age 15
Who Is Joaquin Phoenix?
Joaquin Phoenix is an American actor, producer, and activist. Joaquin Phoenix has been acting since 1982 and reached worldwide recognition after his role as Commodus in 2000’s Gladiator and winning the Oscar and Golden Globe award for his impressive role in Joker.
Joaquin Phoenix was born as Joaquin Rafael Bottom to ’John Lee Bottom’ and ’Arlyn Phoenix’ in San Juan, Puerto Rico, USA. He had five siblings, Rain, River, Liberty, Summer and Joadean Bottom (older step-sister).
Rafael’s dad passed away in 2015 due to cancer. They returned to United States in 1978 and changed their last name from Bottom to Phoenix after the mythical bird symbolizing a new begining.
Today, Joaquin Phoenix participates in many helpful activities like ‘Lunchbox Fund’ and he also raises voice for PETA and animal rights.
Quotes and Sayings
- "Animal rights is a part of my everyday life. When you live by example, you create a certain level of awareness. Friends of mine – people I have never discussed animal rights or vegetarianism with – are adopting vegetarian habits because they see it." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "I don’t believe in god. I don’t believe in an afterlife. I don’t believe in soul. I don’t believe in anything. I think it’s totally right for people to have their own beliefs if it makes them happy, but to me it’s a pretty preposterous idea." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "I’ve been in clubs. I don’t like being in an enclosed place with really loud music, and a lot of drunk people. It’s not my idea of a good time. It’s just such a miserable life." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "Is it that your dream is unattainable or is it that you have the wrong dream?" - Joaquin Phoenix
- "The less someone knows about me, the better, because my intention is to play a variety of characters." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "I like working all the time. I hate taking breaks. I don't like the weekends." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "For me, I'd rather have an intense experience than not." - Joaquin Phoenix
- "I don’t spend most of my life in front of the media." - Joaquin Phoenix
2,400 square feet, 2 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
Location: New York City, NY
Price: $3.9 Million
- Lexus RX350
- Ducati Desmosedici
Hobbies and Interests
Riding motorcycles and driving classic cars
Does Joaquin Phoenix Have Any Tattoos?
He has one tattoo on his body. Read more – Joaquin Phoenix Tattoo.
Fears and phobias
He was afraid to play the Joker (Movie)
Joaquin Phoenix is a strict vegan and staunch supporter of animal right so much so that all his costumes need to be of synthetic materials, as he refuses to wear animal products, which also includes avoiding wearing leather shoes.
Joaquin Phoenix’s distinct scar on his upper lip is actually only a birth mark.
Joaquin Phoenix does smoke however Joaquin Phoenix has quit drinking alcohol.
Phoenix has done his own vocals on the soundtrack for Walk the Line (2005).
Often brings his mother or any of his three sisters as his date to movie premieres or award shows.
His brother, River, was an actor, musician, and animal activist and he died on the morning of October 31, 1993, at the age of 23 due to drug overdose.
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama in Joker (2019)
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical in Walk the Line (2005)
Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media in Walk the Line (2005)