Taika Waititi Bio, Height & AgeLast updated: March 22, 2021
- Net Worth: $ 3,000,000
- Birthday: 16 Aug 1975
- Age: 46
- Country: New Zealand
- Occupation: Actor, Comedian, Director
- Zodiac sign: Leo
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 6.2 ft
- Weight: 149 lb
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Birth Name: Taika David Waititi
- Nationality: New Zealand
- Nickname: Taika
- Religion: He describes himself as a "Polynesian Jewish"
- Ethnicity: Maori and European-Jewish descent
- Father: His Dad was a painter
- Mother: Mother is a teacher
- Siblings: N/A
- Often plays a role in his movies.
- Often focuses on fathers or father figures.
- Brown eyes
- Good looking
Who is Taika Waititi?
Taika Waititi was born on August 16, 1975, in Wellington, New Zealand in New Zealand. He is a New Zealand filmmaker, actor and comedian who directed the MCU superhero film Thor: Ragnarok, in which he played the character Korg, a role he went on to reprise in Avengers: Endgame.
He is also known for his movies, including What We Do in the Shadows, Boy and Jojo Rabbit, for which he won an Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay.
Marital Status: Married.
Children: He has two daughters Te Kainga o Te Hinekāhu (b. 2012) and Matewa Kiritapu (b. 2015) with wife Chelsea Winstanley.
- Chelsea Winstanley (-) Married, they have 2 children, Te Kainga o Te Hinekāhu and Matewa Kiritapu.
- "Anyone who has a parent can relate to this idea of not quite understanding who your parents are or making up stories about them." - Taika Waititi
- "I've been on a lot of film sets, and I've always promised myself I wouldn't create a set where people dread coming to work." - Taika Waititi
- "I love heroes that really go through ordeals, and they come out the other end completely changed." - Taika Waititi
- "The stuff I'm passionate about is what I write; it isn't multi-million-dollar franchise movies." - Taika Waititi
- "I don't mind going from sadness to comedy in a split-second or mixing the two up." - Taika Waititi
- "In my films, a lot of the situations come from real life." - Taika Waititi
The Oscar winner, writer, actor and director and his wife, Chelsea Winstanley, have bought the home for $2.39 million US dollars in Studio City - the hilly region north of LA's famed Runyon Canyon and Hollywood, which features four bedrooms and three bathrooms.
Location: Studio City, Los Angeles
Price: $2.39 million
Hobbies and Interests
Facts & Trivia
Taika in Maori means ‘Tiger‘ and ‘Magic‘ in Finnish.
One of his inventions was a tie with a hole to button it to the shirt.
He appears as Adolf Hitler in Jojo Rabbit.
Taika Waititi height is 6 feet 2 inches tall (184 cm). Accordingly, he weighs around 68 Kg (149 lbs).
He appeared in a Moro Bar commercial as a surfer.
Taika Waititi had used his mother’s surname “Cohen” in some of his work in film and writing.
Best Adapted Screenplay in Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Best Motion Picture of the Year in Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Best Short Film, Live Action in Two Cars, One Night (2004)
Best Screenplay (Adapted) in Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Best Screenplay in Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture in Jojo Rabbit (2019)
Net Worth & Social Media
You can follow Taika Waititi all over social media.