Noomi Rapace Height, Age & BioLast updated: March 22, 2021
- Net Worth: $ 20,000,000
- Birthday: 28 Dec 1979
- Age: 42
- Country: Sweden
- Occupation: Actress, Model
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.4 ft
- Weight: 117 lb
- Measurements: 32-25-34 in
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Birth Name: Noomi Norén
- Nationality: Swedish
- Nickname: Noomi
- Religion: She is non-religious
- Ethnicity: She is half Spanish, and half Swedish.
- Father: Rogelio Durán (Flamenco Singer)
- Mother: Nina Norén (Spanish Actress)
- Siblings: Særún Norén (Sister) (Photographer)
- Choice of roles of physically abused women
- Does own stunts
- Often takes roles in action films
- Often plays emotional characters
Who is Noomi Rapace?
Noomi Rapace was born on December 28, 1979 in Hudiksvall, Sweden. She is a famous and well-known Swedish actress. Rapace is best known for her role as Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish film adaptations of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest and The Girl Who Played with Fire.
In 2011, she was nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Actress for her performance in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Her mother, Nina Noren, also had a career as an actress, and her father, Rogelio Duran, was a Spanish Flamenco singer.
At 15, she enlisted at a Stockholm theatre school to pick up acting. From 1998 to 1999, she considered acting at the Skara Skolscen acting school in Sweden.
Marital Status: She was married to Swedish actor Ola Rapace from 2001 until 2011.
Children: Rapace and ex husband, Ola Norell had a son named Lev (born in 2004).
- Sanny Dahlbeck (2015) They broke up on October 2, 2015 after dating for a brief period.
- Ola Norell (Ex-husband) (2001-2011) The duo were married for 7 years. They had a son named Lev.
- "I think most gypsies all over the world are used to being not really welcome and always on the run, expecting people to not like them and to be critical." - Noomi Rapace
- "My husband, when I was filming the Millennium movies, he asked me, ‘How far are you going and when are you coming back?" - Noomi Rapace
- "I like doing fight scenes. I always have, and I insist on doing as much of that action as they’ll let me do. I think that’s easy for me." - Noomi Rapace
- "Weirdly enough, I don’t like to pretend. I try to use things in me, and translate them into the situation and the characters, so it always needs to run through my own veins." - Noomi Rapace
- "I think it’s always the emotional situations that are more tricky to nail and get into because I don’t want to pretend." - Noomi Rapace
- "I hate when you see a film and after one scene you know what’s going to happen and you can predict the whole story." - Noomi Rapace
- "In Sweden everybody has this perfect surface. Everyones very polite and controls their feelings." - Noomi Rapace
- "When I don’t understand things, I become passionate to understand." - Noomi Rapace
- "If I don’t see myself as a victim, then I’m not a victim." - Noomi Rapace
Hobbies and Interests
Favorite Actress: Anne Parillaud, Patricia Arquette.
Favorite Film: True Romance.
Favorite TV Show: Daisy Diamond (2007).
Favorite Book: The Grwat Gatsby.
Facts & Trivia
Spoke very little English at the time she finished the Lisbeth Salander trilogy.
Rapace left her home at the age of 15 to pursue a career in acting.
In 2015, she accidentally fractured her nose after being hit by an elbow during a shoot.
Noomi Rapace height is 5 feet 4 inches tall (163 cm). Accordingly, she weighs around 53 Kg (117 lbs).
Rapace is multilingual and can fluently speak Icelandic, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, and English.
Rapace means bird of prey in French and Italian.
She has one sister, Særún Norén, who is a photographer.
Best Leading Actress in Män som hatar kvinnor (2009)
Best Actress in Män som hatar kvinnor (2009)