Kate Winslet Bio, Height & WeightLast updated: March 19, 2021
- Net Worth: $ 45,000,000
- Birthday: 5 Oct 1975
- Age: 45
- Country: United Kingdom
- Occupation: Actress, Singer
- Zodiac sign: Libra
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.7 ft
- Weight: 139 lb
- Measurements: 37-26-36 in
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Blue
- Birth Name: Kate Elizabeth Winslet
- Nationality: British
- Nickname: The English Rose, Corset Kate
- Religion: Anglican / Episcopalian
- Ethnicity: English and Swedish
- Father: Roger John Winslet (Swimming Pool Contractor)
- Mother: Sally Anne (née Bridges) (Barmaid)
- Siblings: Beth Winslet (Younger Sister) (Actress), Anna Winslet (Older Sister) (Actress), Joss Winslet (Younger Brother)
- Voluptuous Body
- Beautiful Face
- Green-Blue Eyes
Who Is Kate Winslet?
Kate Winslet was born on October 5, 1976 in Reading, United Kingdom. She started her acting career when she was 12 years old by appearing in television commercials. Her acting talent was natural and this helped develop her career further. Kate Winslet is particularly known for her work in dramas and tragedies of the time and is often drawn to the portrait of troubled women.
Kate Winslet became an instant worldwide sensation when she landed the role of a lifetime in Titanic (1997) opposite Leonardo DiCaprio. She worked in several hit movies including Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Iris, Little Children, The Reader, The Holiday, Insurgent and Divergent. Most of them gave her commercial success and critical acclaim.
Marital Status: Married.
The actress has three children with a daughter Mia being the oldest one. She is a child with Jim Threapleton, who was born in 2000. The second kid, a son Joe was welcomed with Sam Mendes in 2003. From the third marriage, there is a son Bear, who became a wonderful addition to the family in 2013.
- Ned Rocknroll (2011-Present) The couple were married on 5th Dec 2012. They have a son, Bear Winslet.
- Louis Dowler (2010-2011) They dated from June, 2010 to April, 2011.
- Sam Mendes (2001-2010) They were married for 7 years. They had a son, Joe.
- Jim Threapleton (1997-2001) They were married for 3 years. They had a daughter, Mia.
- Rufus Sewell (1995-1996) The duo dated for 3 months, before the hit Titanic movie.
- Stephen Tredre (1991-1995) The couple dated from July, 1991 to August, 1995.
- "Mum and dad were very much friends, and up to life. There was no anxiety for anything when I was growing up, they just taught me to be me." - Kate Winslet
- "A good eye cream is really important when you are traveling, busy and stressed-that’s when the dark puffy circles can get you." - Kate Winslet
- "Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears." - Kate Winslet
- "If being crazy means living life as if it matters, then I don’t mind being completely insane." - Kate Winslet
- "“Ultimately, you just have one life. You never know unless you try. And you never get anywhere unless you ask." - Kate Winslet
- "It doesn’t matter how old you are, or what you do in your life, you never stop needing your mom." - Kate Winslet
- "“I don’t believe in sort of holding back, you know, life isn’t a dress rehearsal" - Kate Winslet
- "Loving someone is setting them free, letting them go." - Kate Winslet
- "If you don’t try at anything, you can’t fail." - Kate Winslet
Where does Kate Winslet live?
Kate Winslet has bought house in West Sussex in 2013 including 8 bedrooms, where she lives with her husband and children.
Kate Winslet purchased a large 15th century home, surrounded by a huge park in West Sussex, England in 2013.
Price: $3.3 million
Does Kate Winslet drive a car?
Yes, here are two of the cars you can find in Winslet garage.
- Audi Q7
- BMW X3
Did Kate Winslet ever get plastic surgery?
There hasn’t ever been breast implant or a nose job rumor surrounding her. She is very beautiful lady all in natural.
She says: I’m a normal human being. I don’t have any desire to change my body as a result of having had three kids. That’s a good thing, isn’t it?
Hobbies and Favorites
Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio.
Actress: Penelope Cruz.
Does Kate Winslet have tattoos?
She has one tattoo on her wrist.
Fears and Phobias
After facing a terror threat while on board a flight in October 2001, the actress fear of flying developed
Fear of dogs
Facts & Trivia
She was awarded a Grammy Award for Best Spoken Word Album for Children in 2000.
She loves wearing boots, it keeps her decisively on the ground, and she feels cozy wearing boots.
Kate was born in the same hospital as her ex-husband, Sam Mendes.
Kate Winslet’ height is 5 feet 7 inches tall (169 cm). Accordingly, she weighs around 63 Kg (139 lbs).
She had once missed the premiere of Titanic as she was attending the funeral of her former boyfriend, Stephen Tredre.
Both of her sisters, Beth and Anna are also actresses.
It is said that she will work again with James Cameron (director of Titanic) for his next project Avatar 2.
Her daughter – Mia got her name from an Italian version of the English word ‘My’.
Winslet was also bullied in her school because of her bad hair, big feet, and chubby body.
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in The Reader (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television in Mildred Pierce (2011)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture in Steve Jobs (2015)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama in Revolutionary Road (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture in The Reader (2008)
Best Leading Actress in The Reader (2008)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Best Supporting Actress in Steve Jobs (2015)
Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie in Mildred Pierce (2011)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Television Movie or Miniseries in Mildred Pierce (2011)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in The Reader (2008)
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role in Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Best Spoken Word Album for Children
Net Worth & Social Media
Kate Winslet refrains herself from using social media.