Gemma Arterton Bio, Height & WeightLast updated: January 20, 2023
- Net Worth: $ 13,000,000
- Birthday: 2 Feb 1986
- Age: 36
- Country: United Kingdom
- Occupation: Actress
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Sexual orientation: Straight
- Height: 5.7 ft
- Weight: 150 lb
- Measurements: 34-28-37 in
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Birth Name: Gemma Christina Arterton
- Nationality: British
- Nickname: Gem
- Religion: Anglican / Episcopalian
- Ethnicity: She has German Jewish ancestry
- Father: Barry Arterton (Welder)
- Mother: Sally-Anne Heap (Cleaner)
- Siblings: Hannah Jane Arterton (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Unique voice
- Full lips
Who is Gemma Arterton?
Gemma Christina Arterton, who is better known by her professional name Gemma Arterton, was born on 2 February 1986 in Gravesend, Gravesham, Kent, England. She was brought up by a single mother. Her childhood was relatively poor, but the girl found consolation in acting.
Gem took part in numerous school performances, and gradually she understood, that acting was the main dream of her life.
Her breakthrough role was in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace (2008), playing Bond Girl Strawberry Fields, which won her an Empire Award for Best Newcomer. Gem gain fame from several movies such as Clash of the Titans, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Runner, The Voices, and many more.
She attended Gravesend Grammar School for Girls in Kent before attending Miskin Theatre School in Dartford. Gem later participated at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Marital Status: Divorced.
Children: She has no children (Stated that she won’t have kids before she wins an Oscar.).
- Rory Keenan (2017-Present) Irish actor, Rory Keenan and Gemma dating since 2017.
- Franklin Ohanessian (2014-2016) French director, Franklin Ohanessian and Gemma dated for couple of years.
- Stefano Catelli (Ex-husband) (2009-2013) After a 11 months engagement they married on 6th Jun 2010. Separated in February 2013.
- Eduardo Munoz (2008) Eduardo Munoz and Gemma Arterton dated for half year.
- "I think when you write an enigmatic character into a film, you have to have real confidence that the audience are going to go with it." - Gemma Arterton
- "Sometimes, I feel that if you’re a strong, independent woman it scares people away, but actually it does the opposite." - Gemma Arterton
- "I’ve never understood people that sleep around. I think there’s something very lacking in your life when you do, not to be judgmental." - Gemma Arterton
- "Especially with girls, people always want to put them in little brackets." - Gemma Arterton
- "I’m always listening to music; I can’t live without it." - Gemma Arterton
- "I was born with six fingers on each hand." - Gemma Arterton
Where does Gemma Arterton live?
Currently, she resides in United Kingdom. According to some reports, Gem has a house in Gravesend, Kent, in England.
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- Audi A8
Breast augmentation (Rumor)
Lip augmentation (Rumor)
Hobbies and Interests
Fears and Phobias
She has an unusual phobia of living on the ground floor
She has a phobia of false eyelashes
Facts & Trivia
She was born with six fingers on each hand.
Beat out 1500 other actresses for her role in Quantum of Solace (2008).
Lost to Hayley Atwell for the role of Peggy Carter in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011).
Her height is 5 Feet 7 Inches (170 centimeters tall).
She explains herself in three words as “Vivacious, uncertain and soulful”.
She used to work as a makeup sales girl.
She was considered for the female lead role of Selina Kyle in the 2012 film The Dark Knight Rises which ultimately went to actress Anne Hathaway.
Rising Star Award
Best Actress in The Escape (2017)
Best Supporting Actress in The Girl with All the Gifts (2016)
Best Newcomer in St. Trinian's (2007)